quinta-feira, 30 de agosto de 2012

ECA- PLAN + REFLECTION


My first idea for a project for CAS was to help younger children from Primary School with their homework, in an after school activity (ECA). The first step to accomplish my idea, was to ask my CAS coordinator if it was a good project and if it was accepted. When accepted, in the first week of school I talked to the Head of Primary, Mr. Mcdermott, if there was any type of ECA like this already happening in school and if I could help, he said I could help and that he has been running this homework ECA every Thursday from 3h45 to 4h35 to eight children in the primary. Therefore, since Thursday 16th of August I have been helping in this ECA. My aim while doing this project is to increase my patience, that’s quite small, dealing with kids that are going to be needing my help and I will need to be able to help with as much patience as I can.

Today, Thursday 30th of August, has been the third week that I have gone to help in this ECA, and so far everything is going great. Many of the kids are becoming less shy to talk to me and ask me questions, and I’m being able to practice my patience skills with them while explaining something that for me it’s obvious but for them it is not. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário