Every Thursday, from
15h50 t0 16h40, I have been helping in the Homework Club, a after school
activity, the primary students. My first intention when I started doing this
ECA (after school activity), was to improve my patience with younger with
children. I am a very impatient person, and I thought that by helping them with
their homework I had to put my patience to work while I helped them. And so far
I think helping those kids do their homework really helped me, because it was
not only a teaching and improving my patience activity, it was also a time in
which I learned new things with kids. For example, while I would help them practice
their spelling words, if I didn’t know how to pronounce it properly they would
help me and I would learn something new. While talking to the kids, I would
learn more about their different cultures and while helping them remind myself
of things I studied a long time ago. So it would be a mutual learning every
week. Today was my penultimate participation in the Homework Club, and I am
already missing the kids that became a part of my life for a semester.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário